Repair Guide for Minecraft Bad Video Card Driver
Bad Video Card Drivers error makes it impossible to start Minecraft game. The game players receive following error message on their monitor screens:
“Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode. This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.”
Here are the solutions
- Deactivate AdvancedOpenGL Feature
- Remove and Reinstall Display Adapter Drivers
- Rollback your PC Driver
- Clean Minecraft Configurations
- Update Minecraft Drivers
- Make and Use a Bat File as Launcher
- Update Java
- Delete Contents of Bin Folder
- Change Hardware Acceleration to Full
- Optimize Startups & Services
Deactivate AdvancedOpenGL Feature
Advanced OpenGL feature settings can cause Minecraft bad video card drivers error. Deactivate AdvancedOpenGL Feature settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Double click My Computer to open it.
- Now open following directory:
- Select Options.txt file and double click to open it.
- Locate AdvancedOpenGL=True setting in the file
make changes as mentioned below:
- Click File | Save and exit. This tweak will fix Minecraft missing drivers.
Remove and Reinstall your Display Adapter Drivers
Faulty Display Adapter Drivers can cause Minecraft bad video card drivers error. Follow the procedure mentioned below to remove and reinstall Display adapter drivers and fix the problem.
- Click Start | Control Panel | System and Security | Administrative Tools.
- Double click Computer Management.
- Select Device Manager from left hand side panel.
- Right click display adapter, select Properties.
- Click Driver tab and then Uninstall button.
- Uninstall process will take some time | Restart computer after end of process.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 3 again.
- Right-click the computer name appearing on the top corner.
- Select Scan for hardware changes.
- Download drivers for Minecraft automatically. Make sure that you have selected an option that lets you search online for updated driver version.
Rollback your Driver
Sometime bad video card drivers problem occurs because of upgraded display adapter drivers. In this circumstance you are required to Rollback your graphics drivers. The Rollback driver process will reinstate display adapter drivers to previous version. You can repair the problem amicably through this tweak.
- Repeat the Steps 1 to 4 mentioned in the above Remove and Reinstall your Display Adapter Drivers solution.
- Click Rollback Driver button under Driver tab.
- Restart system after Rollback Driver process finishes
- It will fix Minecraft missing drivers.
Clean Minecraft Configurations
Registry is central database of system that configures programs with Windows Operating System. Any invalid/outdated registry configuration can cause Minecraft bad video card drivers problem. It is necessary to clean invalid/outdated configurations from Registry. For this you are required to download Registry Cleaner such as PC Fresher System Utilities.
Update Minecraft Drivers
Up-to-date drivers can resolve Minecraft bad video card drivers problem. You are required to update drivers from manufacturer’s official web site. Your problem will be resolved after updating drivers.
Make and Use a Bat File as Launcher
You can avoid Minecraft bad video card drivers error by creating batch file. The batch file will load Minecraft properly and you will get rid of this launching error. Follow the below mentioned steps to create batch file:
- Click Windows Start button | Click Run > Type Notepad in Run box and press ENTER.
- Type following command in Notepad file:
This is a Batch command which will automatically set-up required settings for Minecraft. Thus you need not to open Command Prompt and type the commands again and again.
In below command Minecraft.exe is the launcher file
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.jar PAUSE
Everytime you have to open this file to load the game.
- Save the file as mentioned below:
File Name: Minecraft.bat
File Types: All Files (As we have already added file extension in the file name)
Folder: C:\Program Files\.Minecraft (Minecraft installation directory)
- Now go to the above mentioned directory | Right click the newly created batch file and then select Send to | Desktop (Create Shortcut).
- Use the above mentioned batch file every time to load Minecraft.
Java is necessary to run Minecraft and latest version of Java is required to avoid bad video card drivers error. Check your Java version and make sure that you have latest version if not visit official website of Java to download latest version and install it.
Delete Contents of Bin Folder
Cleaning Bin folder can fix Minecraft bad video card drivers error. You are required to delete the entire files in Minecraft Bin folder. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Open My Computer.
- Double click Bin folder from C:\Program Files\.Minecraft\Bin.
- Select all files in the Bin folder (Ctrl+A) and delete them.
- Minecraft bad drivers problem will now resolve.
Change Hardware Acceleration to Full
Windows Hardware Acceleration feature boosts some functions to make PC performance fast. You are required to change the Hardware Acceleration to Full mode through Control Panel. Follow the steps to fix Minecraft bad video card drivers:
- Click Windows Start button| Click Control Panel.
- Click Appearance and Personalization | Display | Change Display Settings | Advanced Settings.
- In the new dialog, click Troubleshoot tab and then Change Settings.
- Move Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
- Click Apply | OK. It will surely fix Minecraft video card drivers.
Optimize Startups & Services
Sometime Startups and Services create blockage for Minecraft proper start. You are required to optimize startups and Services. You can manage them through some reliable System Utilities software such as PC Fresher System Utilities.